Latest Skateboarding News On Europeskate!
Busy busy week for me at the moment as I am basically just writing and answering mails for the United Skateboard Photography Project and I hope to sit down and add tons of updates to the project's page today. I have also been getting new inspirations and ideas together for the next Europeskate relaunch which is coming soon. But the news and videos are still flowing: check out Antiz Skateboards Marock n Roll tour video and then get out and skate something. I'm headed out for a morning mini ramp session to warm up!
If you haven't heard about it yet, the United Skateboard Photography Project is now officially backed by the Grind For Life organization!
Grind For Life will be supported through 50% of the sales revenue of a printed 300-page hardbound book/mag with 5,000 copies being printed in the first run targeted to be released worldwide in November 2013 with skate photography + a Q&A + contact information from 50 selected photographers.
I am looking for skateboard photographers around the globe to show off their work (ONLY rights of use of the photographs for the website, advertising and book is needed: ALL photographs remain in the participating photographers ownership!) on the dedicated website and also you have the chance to be a part of a supporting a great cause - Grind For Life! Get involved and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Want to watch a really kick-ass full-length skate video? Typical Culture has put “The Hype Train” online for all of us to enjoy. This is a must watch video! Featuring Chris Russell, Skreech, Greg Zamarripa, Frank Shaw, Chris Gregson, Brendan Keaveny, Connor Getzlaff, Ricky Holderby, Little Chris and so many more.
This is like a dream come true. An amusement park, abandoned and with sick transitions everywhere. And when I say sick, I mean it – that first slide / pipe is nuts! Justin Brock, Pat Mclain and Dan Plunkett enjoy a day at this different type of park.
The Antiz Skateboards team (Hugo Liard, Julian Furones, Remy Taveira and several more…) headed towards Marocco for a skate trip which as always goes to show that it is always worth being open-minded about discovering new countries, cultures and of course spots.
Sugar Magazine from France has the complete story with loads of great photos from the tour in it’s latest magazine (#146) and you can check out the video edit below which was filmed and edited by Ludo Azémar.
Were you there or did you watch the action at the Vans Pool Party 2013 finals? It goes without stating the obvious that is was going to be one heck of a skateboard contest but it blew me away once again. Here’s a short video summary of some of the action that took place yesterday during the contest.
Opinions on who should have won in the Pros division are once again divided but I believe it’s just so cool to see the level of skating that went down in those bowls. Bucky Lasek pulled out all of his tricks, ruled the entire park and landed tricks in spots that I just can’t see as possible. Pedro Barros – what can you say: he’s a whirlwind in any bowl/pool and the height of his airs and the length of grinds is unbelievable. And Rune is just Rune – smooth and in control. In the Masters division I personally believe it was perfectly clear with Chris Miller continuing to grow older and his skating is just stays plain and simply amazing. Fast and furious, I can’t wait for more video edits and photos to turn up from the Vans Pool Party 2013!
1. Chris Miller (Del Mar, CA)
2. Steve Caballero (San Jose, CA)
3. Christian Hosoi (Huntington Beach, CA)
1. Bucky Lasek (Encinitas, CA)
2. Pedro Barros (Florianopolis, BRA)
3. Rune Glifberg (Copenhagen, DEN)
Jürgen Horrwarth skates all terrains at a high level but when it comes to vert skating, he belongs to the world’s best skaters. Just before his video part for Trap Skateboards is released he’s been featured in this “Owl Eyes On” video edit with minimal lighting at his home vert ramp in Berlin, Germany. Can’t wait for his Trap Skateboards part!
More qualifying action from this year’s Vans Pool Party 2013. The contest will be taking place tomorrow starting at 3 o’clock pm PST so for everybody over in Europe, get some sleep tonight to be able to watch the action on the live webcast!
All Europeskate Photo Of The Day Posts!
Find Your Skateboarding News Here!
- Watch the incredible full video "Modern Art" from Ambig - one of the best videos at all! ow.ly/kTGV6 ow.ly/i/25b8H 1 week ago
- Where did this contest / session take place? Hi Adventure Best Trick video clip is mad! ow.ly/kDv63 2 weeks ago
- Another madd bowl session video down in Brazil along with Pedro Barros! ow.ly/kDsrC ow.ly/i/21k1x 2 weeks ago
- Alain Goikoetxea's new full video part is so sick, watch it! ow.ly/kwVKh ow.ly/i/1ZRfx 2 weeks ago
- Steve Olson video from Desillusion Magazine, legend on film! ow.ly/kwRHK ow.ly/i/1ZQxx 2 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstMx ow.ly/i/1YKAO 3 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstAR ow.ly/i/1YKAO 3 weeks ago
- Love this Hopps Skateboards commerical vibe - watch it! ow.ly/jZLks ow.ly/i/1SnRk 1 month ago
- 6 minutes of deleted scenes from the "Perpetual Motion" video! ow.ly/jZEEb ow.ly/i/1SmH5 1 month ago
- Check out the video trailer for the upcoming full length video TENGU. ow.ly/jZD84 ow.ly/i/1Smvr 1 month ago