Finally back with a new Europeskate Photo Of The Day for May 8th 2013. I’ve been concentrating so much on contacting photographers for the United Skateboard Photography Project that I’ve slacked a bit on presenting them here so sorry about that.
Today’s Photo Of The Day was taken by Adam Alessi (check out his photo gallery here) and features James Martin doing a halfcab heelflip in Camarillo, California.
As the United Skateboard Photography Project is continuing to gain momentum, the Europeskate Photo Of The Day series continues with this strikingly well framed photo taken by Terry Xie (check out his work here!).
Wouldn’t you like to be backside smith grinding at a spot like that?
If you have been following Europeskate for a while then you know about the Europeskate Photo Of The Day Series.
In December 2012 I had the idea to create a new dedicated skateboard photography site as well as a 300-page hardbound book/mag called the “United Skateboard Photography Project” featuring 50 skatebaord photographers from around the world + interviews with top professional skateboard photographers. The idea and concept have grown, the feedback is already incredible and now I need your support. This is your chance to have your skills shown to a large audience around the globe and here’s what you need to do:
- I’m looking for skateboard photographers (new and already featured Europe Photo Of The Day photographers) to create portfolio pages on the the “United Skateboard Photography Project” which is ready to go. Just send me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know you are interested!
- All photographers who join up have a chance to be a part of the preliminary photgraphy viewing and be a part of the “United Skateboard Photography Project” book/mag which is a 300-page hardbound book/mag (9.65 inches width x 13.0 inches height [24.5 cm width x 33 cm height] colr matte finish) with every photographer being featured on 4 pages with a short Q&A + contact information and of course your skate photos.
- 5,000 books will be printed in the first run with 50% of the proceeds going to a skateboarder-backed charity foundation (I’m in the middle of talks and I should be able to announce the foundation in the next couple of days)
- To support the book development, printing, travel costs, shipping etc. 50 pages of advertising s available in the book and I’ll be running a Kickstarter project for which we’re currently filming a short video clip.
I need your support and feedback to contact me at email@example.com to get involved. Planned release date as of today is September 2013!
I think I just decided to give up sleeping for the next three months as I announced the opening of submissions to the “United Skateboard Photography Project” yesterday and the emails are flooding in! Great feedback so I’ll be shifting through every mail and getting back to you all.
To support the whole cause, the Europeskate Photo Of The Day series continues with this great photo by Austin Shafkowitz (check out his skateboard photo gallery here). The skater is John Bagnato caught doing a wallie b/s 180 with an incredible backdrop.
Kicking this month off which a new Europeskate Photo Of The Day which also will be the first photo presented on our new website for the “United Skateboard Photography Project” – a book / mag featuring 50 skateboard photographers from around the globe which has a planned release for September 2013!
I’ll fill you all in on that project but let me get back to the Photo Of The day for April 2nd 2013 which was taken by Arlen Liverman (check out his skateboard photo gallery here) with Jimmy Timmons caught in the middle of a fakie heelflip at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
With our major new photography project gearing up to start real soon (we’ll be announcing it in March so stay tuned!) we’re continuing our ‘Europeskate Photo Of The Day’ series with this wintery cold photo of a colorful ollie down a gap. Arto Eckman captured the action for us all with a Canon EOS 50D and you can look at the rest of his photo gallery here!
All Europeskate Photo Of The Day Posts!
Find Your Skateboarding News Here!
- Watch the incredible full video "Modern Art" from Ambig - one of the best videos at all! ow.ly/kTGV6 ow.ly/i/25b8H 1 week ago
- Where did this contest / session take place? Hi Adventure Best Trick video clip is mad! ow.ly/kDv63 2 weeks ago
- Another madd bowl session video down in Brazil along with Pedro Barros! ow.ly/kDsrC ow.ly/i/21k1x 2 weeks ago
- Alain Goikoetxea's new full video part is so sick, watch it! ow.ly/kwVKh ow.ly/i/1ZRfx 3 weeks ago
- Steve Olson video from Desillusion Magazine, legend on film! ow.ly/kwRHK ow.ly/i/1ZQxx 3 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstMx ow.ly/i/1YKAO 3 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstAR ow.ly/i/1YKAO 3 weeks ago
- Love this Hopps Skateboards commerical vibe - watch it! ow.ly/jZLks ow.ly/i/1SnRk 1 month ago
- 6 minutes of deleted scenes from the "Perpetual Motion" video! ow.ly/jZEEb ow.ly/i/1SmH5 1 month ago
- Check out the video trailer for the upcoming full length video TENGU. ow.ly/jZD84 ow.ly/i/1Smvr 1 month ago