We haven’t met in person yet so could you please give us a little background info about yourself: age, where do you live and what are you doing generally in life at the moment.
Sure thing – my name is Gianna, I’m 25 years old and I coem from Duesseldorf, Germany. Currently I’m living in “Wu-Valley” Wuppertal.
So what do I do: I’m a photographer aka “Bams-FX”, I coordinate graffit jams (The Bam Jams) twice a year in the city of Bochum, Germany. Besides that I try to coordinate the “Abwaerts” skateboard team, I have a running cooperation with the Subvert store in Hamburg, I am in the main committee of a street art hall of fame for the Magdeburg Aerosol arena and I am working on opening my own graffiti and skateboard shop. And the most important thing I do is being a mother of a three year old son.
When did you get started with photography?
I’ve always loved to take photographs. The old days when you had to hand in your film and hope that something good was among the results. Later on all of those digital cameras turned up which has made it easier. I bought my first SLR camera in 2011 which was a good decision because things have only been going uphill since then because I take photos of models, clubs, events, promotions and do private photo shoots besides capturing skaters on film.
Favorite photography equipment?
I have a Sony A33 sport camera with an external flash and sometimes a tripod. I’m really happy with the equipment when I see what I can get out of it. I supposedly have good timing with my shots – and without that even the most expensive camera won’t help you
Any special photographers you look up to?
No, not really – I’m in a different league
What’s your connection to skateboarding as you were at the Volcom Bergfest 2012 capturing the action?
I was there with the Abwaerts team, basically a chaotic tour during which you can do what you want. We know each other well like it happens when you grow your contact network over the years. Some one like me doesn’t stay undiscovered for long.
So I didn’t just go to the contest to get “the picture of the year”, I like just going with the guys to contests and sessions. Camping, partying and basically just having a good time – that is the difference between me and the betties that are running around at these events
You seem to really be into your music: tell us a little about your musical taste.
Music is freedom – I don’t listen just to one type of music, just good music. Hip hop, electronic music, rock or punk – it all works for me!
If you could be anywhere in the world in an hour, tell us three places you would like to be and why.
For sure New York, the grafitti and hip hop mecca. I am definitely going to make that trip and create a photo documentary. I would also like to go to India for the Color Festival – I don’t really know why but I’d like to be there. And my third choice is my sofa – home is the best spot even though I enjoy travelling to other cities to see and experience new things and meet new people. My life is a trip and maybe I’ll arrive at my destination some day.
Any famous last words of wisdom?
Rock n´ roll dudes, we’ll be seeing each other! And thanks Jonathan for your interest!
If you want to contact Gianna for work projects, send a mail to “bamsevents AT web DOT de” or check out her Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bamsfx
Leave a comment
All Europeskate Photo Of The Day Posts!
Find Your Skateboarding News Here!
- Watch the incredible full video "Modern Art" from Ambig - one of the best videos at all! ow.ly/kTGV6 ow.ly/i/25b8H 2 weeks ago
- Where did this contest / session take place? Hi Adventure Best Trick video clip is mad! ow.ly/kDv63 3 weeks ago
- Another madd bowl session video down in Brazil along with Pedro Barros! ow.ly/kDsrC ow.ly/i/21k1x 3 weeks ago
- Alain Goikoetxea's new full video part is so sick, watch it! ow.ly/kwVKh ow.ly/i/1ZRfx 3 weeks ago
- Steve Olson video from Desillusion Magazine, legend on film! ow.ly/kwRHK ow.ly/i/1ZQxx 3 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstMx ow.ly/i/1YKAO 4 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstAR ow.ly/i/1YKAO 4 weeks ago
- Love this Hopps Skateboards commerical vibe - watch it! ow.ly/jZLks ow.ly/i/1SnRk 1 month ago
- 6 minutes of deleted scenes from the "Perpetual Motion" video! ow.ly/jZEEb ow.ly/i/1SmH5 1 month ago
- Check out the video trailer for the upcoming full length video TENGU. ow.ly/jZD84 ow.ly/i/1Smvr 1 month ago