The 2009 Maloof Money Cup event with again the mad sum of $450,000 US dollars in prize money will be taking place July 10-12, 2009 at the OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa, California. Just today we received the list of 36 place street contestants with 12 wild card spots up for grabs. Here’s part of the official press release:
Presented by etnies and Monster Energy, the Maloof Money Cup is the largest pursed event in the history of professional skateboarding with more than $450,000 in cash and prizes awarded in three professional U.S. Championship Competitions, including the Carlâ€™s Jr. U.S. Pro Vert Championship, the Zoo York U.S. Pro Street Championship, U.S. Womenâ€™s Pro Street and the World Industries Amateur Street and Vert Championship. New this year, Tech Deck will award $10,000 to the skater with the â€œBest Trickâ€ of the street contest.
â€œThis is an unbelievable list of competitors,â€ said Joe Maloof. â€œWeâ€™ve got some of the most respected skaters in the industry, some who havenâ€™t competed in years, along with some of the greatest contest skaters out there. Weâ€™re so grateful to the skateboarding community that has embraced us and worked with us to create something truly remarkable. This yearâ€™s event is really unprecedented in regards to the level of talent assembled and the course designs. Itâ€™s going to be a spectacular competition, and I hope itâ€™s one that people will be talking about for years.â€
TOP 36 STREET SKATERS placed in advance:
Mike Mo Capaldi
*12 additional Wild Card skaters TBA
The 2009 skater selection committee included some of the industryâ€™s most widely respected experts and pro skaters: Chris Cole, Jereme Rogers, Geoff Rowley, Erik Ellington, Paul Rodriguez, Adam Sullivan, Jimmy Astleford, Jim Thiebaud, Ryan Kingman, Remy Stratton, Dave Duncan, Don Bostick, Heath Brinkley, Rob Brink, Tim Gavin, Mike Sinclair, Seamus Deegan, Eric Stricker, Sam Smyth and Mark Waters.
Leave a comment
All Europeskate Photo Of The Day Posts!
Find Your Skateboarding News Here!
- Watch the incredible full video "Modern Art" from Ambig - one of the best videos at all! ow.ly/kTGV6 ow.ly/i/25b8H 2 weeks ago
- Where did this contest / session take place? Hi Adventure Best Trick video clip is mad! ow.ly/kDv63 3 weeks ago
- Another madd bowl session video down in Brazil along with Pedro Barros! ow.ly/kDsrC ow.ly/i/21k1x 3 weeks ago
- Alain Goikoetxea's new full video part is so sick, watch it! ow.ly/kwVKh ow.ly/i/1ZRfx 3 weeks ago
- Steve Olson video from Desillusion Magazine, legend on film! ow.ly/kwRHK ow.ly/i/1ZQxx 3 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstMx ow.ly/i/1YKAO 4 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstAR ow.ly/i/1YKAO 4 weeks ago
- Love this Hopps Skateboards commerical vibe - watch it! ow.ly/jZLks ow.ly/i/1SnRk 1 month ago
- 6 minutes of deleted scenes from the "Perpetual Motion" video! ow.ly/jZEEb ow.ly/i/1SmH5 1 month ago
- Check out the video trailer for the upcoming full length video TENGU. ow.ly/jZD84 ow.ly/i/1Smvr 1 month ago