Big contest time with a big money purse going by the name Eco Cup 2009 will be taking place from June 12th till 15th in Santa Rosa, California with loads of big names in skating and some great bands including Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains or bands like Hightower which mix in Sabbath with punk and trash punk influences. Sounds like a bunch of fun to me!
Here’s the official news release straight from the website (
Rude Boyz Present is pleased to announce its partnership with the Harmony Festival and the installation of a world-class professional skate competition, the Eco-Cup, featuring a 175-foot long mini Mega Ramp with a mind-blowing 30-foot drop from an 18-foot vertical ramp (the equivalent of a three-story building), and the first-ever rail contest over a 20-foot gap with $40,000 in prize winnings, one of the biggest purses ever offered in Sonoma County!
Some of the worldâ€™s top skate legends will be present for demos, judging, and Meet and Greets, including Steve Caballero and Christian Hosoi on Friday June 12, plus Thrasher magazine skater of the year and X-Games Gold medalist Bob Burnquist, Danny Way, Andy MacDonald, and Buster Halterman. Also expected are Adam Taylor, Jake Brown, Lincoln Ueda, Rob Loriface, PLG and Omar Hasssan. The Eco Cup skate zone is surrounded by majestic redwoods and blue skies – close to the 101 Freeway but also a world away.
Adding to the excitement are the action sports-friendly headline bands including legendary punk/reggae/activist bands Dead Kennedys and Bad Brains with Pepper and Rebelution. Also performing over the weekend are Hightower, Tall Black Girls, Zepparella, Egypt Central, Whiskey Thieves, American Drag and Radioactive as MC. Approximately 10 of the worldâ€™s top skaters are expected to compete in the Best Trick and Best Jump categories, and prize money will be awarded to each competitor.
Leave a comment
All Europeskate Photo Of The Day Posts!
Find Your Skateboarding News Here!
- Watch the incredible full video "Modern Art" from Ambig - one of the best videos at all! ow.ly/kTGV6 ow.ly/i/25b8H 1 week ago
- Where did this contest / session take place? Hi Adventure Best Trick video clip is mad! ow.ly/kDv63 2 weeks ago
- Another madd bowl session video down in Brazil along with Pedro Barros! ow.ly/kDsrC ow.ly/i/21k1x 2 weeks ago
- Alain Goikoetxea's new full video part is so sick, watch it! ow.ly/kwVKh ow.ly/i/1ZRfx 3 weeks ago
- Steve Olson video from Desillusion Magazine, legend on film! ow.ly/kwRHK ow.ly/i/1ZQxx 3 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstMx ow.ly/i/1YKAO 3 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstAR ow.ly/i/1YKAO 3 weeks ago
- Love this Hopps Skateboards commerical vibe - watch it! ow.ly/jZLks ow.ly/i/1SnRk 1 month ago
- 6 minutes of deleted scenes from the "Perpetual Motion" video! ow.ly/jZEEb ow.ly/i/1SmH5 1 month ago
- Check out the video trailer for the upcoming full length video TENGU. ow.ly/jZD84 ow.ly/i/1Smvr 1 month ago