Document skateboard magazine’s Big Push event is now in its 4th year running and it has always picked up a lot of attention with skaters throught the UK and the world. This year they are adding in an extra team to the format so there will be 5 top teams in British skateboarding taking part
The rules, tasks and penalties are of little consequence as the team’s battle their way through the hardest seven days of skateboarding there is. The Big Push 08 is held over the 4th – 11th of July, full coverage of the event and cover mounted DVD will be out in Issue 80 of Document Magazine, on sale August 22nd 2008. All voting will open then to the public!
Here are the teams involved this year: Blueprint, Death Skateboards, Landscape, Unabomber and The Harmony.
There is also a DIY Big Push event taking place this July 19th and 20th, here is all of the info straight from the Document page:
Over two days in July you will finally get your chance to be a part of the Big Push.
Two days of filming with two days to edit. Create your team, plan your route and show the pro’s how the real street urchins do it!
The rules are simple you can start and finish any time between 12pm on Friday night till 12pm on Sunday. In this time you have to rip through at least two cities and make as hot an edit as you can! Your full team needs to be present at the start of filming and at the end.
Anyone sneaking off or chipping in halfway through gets the boot and your whole edit won’t count.
All entries must be received by 5pm July 23rd.
The entrant’s individual edits will be hosted online at documentskateboard.com and like the real Big Push you will all cast your votes. Each of the top three finalists will receive a top of the range Sony Cybershot camera and a box of Document goodies, but above all the chance to win in the first DIY, BIG PUSH!
Leave a comment
All Europeskate Photo Of The Day Posts!
Find Your Skateboarding News Here!
- Watch the incredible full video "Modern Art" from Ambig - one of the best videos at all! ow.ly/kTGV6 ow.ly/i/25b8H 1 week ago
- Where did this contest / session take place? Hi Adventure Best Trick video clip is mad! ow.ly/kDv63 2 weeks ago
- Another madd bowl session video down in Brazil along with Pedro Barros! ow.ly/kDsrC ow.ly/i/21k1x 2 weeks ago
- Alain Goikoetxea's new full video part is so sick, watch it! ow.ly/kwVKh ow.ly/i/1ZRfx 3 weeks ago
- Steve Olson video from Desillusion Magazine, legend on film! ow.ly/kwRHK ow.ly/i/1ZQxx 3 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstMx ow.ly/i/1YKAO 3 weeks ago
- Hamburg,Germany has a brand new massive skatepark which has opened today! ow.ly/kstAR ow.ly/i/1YKAO 3 weeks ago
- Love this Hopps Skateboards commerical vibe - watch it! ow.ly/jZLks ow.ly/i/1SnRk 1 month ago
- 6 minutes of deleted scenes from the "Perpetual Motion" video! ow.ly/jZEEb ow.ly/i/1SmH5 1 month ago
- Check out the video trailer for the upcoming full length video TENGU. ow.ly/jZD84 ow.ly/i/1Smvr 1 month ago