Transworld Skateboarding is back with the Skate & Create competition in 2010 with the Adidas, Fallen, Etnies and Lakai teams delivering the goods (Lakai Footwear’s video coming August 23rd!).
What’s the deal?
– The four teams are made up of a total of six skatersâ€”four pros and two ams.
– Each team is given nine days in a warehouse with the same set of obstacles.
– Each team is allowed one art director on site.
– Each team is assigned one TWS photographer to shoot a feature article for the magazine.
– Each team is allowed a film crew to produce a video for skateboarding.com.
– The final photo and video product is judged by the TWS edit staff (minus S&C coordinators Skin Phillips and Josh Brooks) on the level of skating, creativity, the use of obstacles, and overall image and video quality.
– The winner gets the cover of the magazine and will have a spot reserved in Skate & Create 2011.
My personal favorites from the three available videos. adidas for an estheticallly well filmed clip and etnies very cool idea to head back to the past and add no frills to the video. Let us know what you think is the best video – just add in your comment!